Time Stands Still

Picture taken from here.

Real generosity towards the future lies in giving all to the present.
Albert Camus.


So, what are we?

Sleeping mates. What else?

You sure?

Yes.

Great. You answer my needs, then.

Glad to hear that.

But do you need me as I need you?

I don't know.

Why?

Well... I don't need people that much. I am self-provided.

Seriously?

Yes.

But why did you say yes?

I don't know. Maybe I'm just lonely.

Same here.

It takes one to know one, you see.

But...

Hey, it's okay. I take you as a gift.

Why?

Because first, it's fun to be with someone who knows and accepts me for who I am. Second, it's great to have a hug or two by a friend. Third, well... because you listen. 

That's it?

Yes.

So where's the "gift" part of me, then?

Let me put it this way: have you ever been to the point where you don't need anything anymore? When you feel enough and happy as a clam?

Yes. And?

And somehow, out of the blue, there's someone offers you something that you once knew but lost, something you remembered well and started to fade, and you didn't know that you long for it until the chance to taste again that "forbidden fruit" called memory appears before your very eyes.
     
So I'd be that "someone", then.

Bingo!

So?

So what?

No strings attached?

No strings attached.

But we're friends, right?

Of course!

And I am free to fool around with other girls.

My pleasure.

And I could get back to you anytime I want?

It depends.

On what?

On whether or not it's still fun. 

That was your heart saying.

Nothing that I do without my heart involved.

But that's so girly. I didn't know you do that.

Well, it is to balance my rational thought. I have to think like a girl sometimes so people don't forget that I'm a girl.

Haha. 

If you're standing in my shoes, there won't be "haha" in them.

Sorry.

That's okay. 

But I don't want to hurt you.

No, you won't. I won't let you. And even if I'm hurt, that's my problem. Not yours.

Haha. Can people really do that?

Well, in my case, it works. All the time. 

Now tell me. What were you doing back then?

Dunno. Breaking my own boundaries, perhaps.

But why?

Well... perhaps to grind down my own egoistic self? Dunno. I really don't know.

But I'm in love with other girl.

That's okay. Go for her.

Are you gonna be all right?

Why shouldn't I? What comes must go. And what goes must have been replaced eventually. It applies to anything, and present included. 

And what are we doing now?

Ummm... enjoying my present, perhaps? Hihi.

Haha. You're weird. I like that.

Like I said. It takes one to know one.



And there they are, two lost souls, roaming the time called life deep in their thoughts, walking side by side but never a slightest touch, afraid of the wound that may caused, and hope that again, lost.          



Popular posts from this blog

Another Fake Orgasm

Tentang "Dikocok-kocok" dan "Keluar di Dalem"

Belahan Dada, Anyone?